Circa’s Victory Burger Announces Menu
Victory Burger & Wings Co., which will be watching sports betting when Circa opens on October 28, has announced its menu. It will be operated by third-generation owners of Detroit-based American Coney Island, which has a location at D Las Vegas. The menu includes the Victory Burger, with secret Victory sauce, cheddar cheese and bacon; Victory Loco Burger, with marinated jalapenos, poblano pepper, onion, creamy blanco cheese sauce and avocado; and Fondue Burger, with a creamy fromage blanco sauce over roasted red peppers, artichokes and tomatoes; as well as wings, appetizers, sides, salads and milkshakes.
Six hands, one menu
Mott 32 at the Venetian is taking its annual virtual six-hand tasting menu this year. The six-course dinner includes four courses from the company’s chefs in Hong Kong and one from Las Vegas and Singapore. It’s available Saturday through Monday and costs $98. mott32.com/lasvegas or 702-607-3232.
Kaiseki and Chefs de Partage Collaborate
Chefs Kaoru Azeuchi of Kaiseki Yuzu and Yuri Szarzewski of Partage will collaborate on a seven-course dinner on October 28 at Partage, 3839 Spring Mountain Road. It’s $20, with dishes like breaded frog legs in lemon and Serrano batter, and miso-marinated squab breast stuffed with foie gras with squab leg confit and French mashed potatoes. Wine and sake pairings are available. There will be two seats, starting at 5:30 p.m. Book on sharing.vegas.
Local menu at Bugsy & Meyer’s
Bugsy & Meyer’s Steakhouse at Flamingo has introduced a new local menu Monday through Wednesday for $95. Appetizer choices include Roasted Bone Marrow with Onion and Bacon Marmalade or Smoked Salmon Tartare, Salads include a Caesar or Heirloom Beets and Pumpkin, and Entrees a Kurobuta Pork Chop , seared diver scallops or Chef Lamar’s “Vegas Chef Prizefight” winning fried chicken. Nevada ID card required. The restaurant also offers a new seasonal vegan/vegetarian menu with dishes such as Young Coconut Ceviche and Forest Mushroom Cannelloni with Heirloom Tomato Essence.
Carmine Pasta Tribute
To commemorate National Pasta Day, Carmine’s at the Forum Shops at Caesars is bringing back its Capellini Marechiara pasta special from Saturday through October 24. These are green-lipped mussels, clams, shrimp, scallops, Italian peppers, tomatoes, roasted garlic, parsley, white wine, and baby arugula, $54. It is available on site, to take away or on delivery.
cow vs pig
In what it calls a nod to campaign season, Smith & Wollensky is reimagining its annual Whole Cow event as a one-on-one “Cow vs. Pig” competition, with guests voting online. “Debate 1: Foreign Policy,” through Nov. 3, features pulled beef tacos versus char siu pork tacos, with tenderloin entrees versus crispy pork belly cassoulet. “Debate 2: Domestic Politics,” Nov. 4-25, will involve smoked beef ribs versus St. Louis pork ribs and dry-aged New York roast versus New York Kurobuta pork. It all ends with the inaugural tasting from December 1 to 3. smithandwollensky.com
Here and there
– Downtown Fergusons will host a Pour in the Alley event at 7 p.m. Wednesday to celebrate National Mezcal Day. The Illegal Mezcal with Tacos & Beer Virtual Tasting Package costs $100 and is available at fergusonsdowntown.com until 2 p.m. Monday.
– Morton’s the Steakhouse, 400 E. Flamingo Road, will be part of the A Taste of Two Legends Daou Family Estates Winemaker Dinner at 6:30 p.m. on October 24. With an entree of a Snake River Farms Filet Mignon with Two-Baked Garlic Duck Fat Potatoes, the four-course dinner is $175 included. mortons.com
– The next headliner for the Dining With Guest Chef series at DW Bistro at The Gramercy will be Lanny Chin. Its Fast Food Mash-Up pop-up dinner from 6 p.m. to 10 p.m. on October 24 will cost $65. dwbistro.com
– Lawry’s the Prime Rib at 4043 Hughes Center Parkway is offering a three-course special through Oct. 31. Entree choices are Lawry’s Cut Prime Rib, 8-ounce Filet Mignon, or 14-ounce New York Strip. lawrysonline.com
– MTO Cafe Downtown at 500 S. Main St. introduced an antidote to 2020: the Megamosa, which contains two bottles of champagne, fresh orange juice, raspberry puree and fresh fruit (and several straws), $60. It is available during brunch from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. daily.
— The Goodwich, 900 Las Vegas Blvd. South at The Lofts has reopened and is serving favorite “stacked sandwiches” such as Cuban-esque and GW Patty Melt. thegoodwich.com
– Searsucker at Caesars Palace has reopened, reviving its happy hour (5-7 p.m. Thursdays and Fridays and 3-6 p.m. weekends) with Las Vegas Raiders specials such as a bucket of beer at $20, craft cocktails from $6, and wings for 25 cents each. Promotions are also available during all Raiders games.
— Via Brasil Steakhouse, 1225 S. Fort Apache Road, will celebrate its 12th anniversary Monday through Thursday with $12 off a rodizio dinner for up to four people. viabrasilsteakhouse.com
– CraftHaus Arts District and Garagiste Wine Room & Merchant have a new extended patio on California Street.
– Lotus of Siam, 953 E. Sahara Ave., has a new online ordering app, with 10% off first order through October 31.
The Review-Journal is owned by the family of Las Vegas Sands Chairman and CEO Sheldon Adelson. Las Vegas Sands operates the Venetian.